I had never heard of chakras until I started practicing Reiki. They sounded so exotic that I knew I needed to delve a little farther into them if I was going to be working with energy healing. The Chakras aren’t really taught in Reiki classes but it did not take me long to discover that the basic hand positions covered and healed the chakras. Now my Reiki practice incorporates the intention that the Chakras are healed and balanced with every Reiki Session I give.
And I do cover the Chakras as well as using a pendulum in my Reiki Classes
What is a Chakra?
Our bodies are not only physical entities but we also have an energetic body which consists of the Aura, the energy field that surrounds us, the Chakras which are spinning orbs of energy and meridians which are like energy veins.
Although there are many Chakras, there are seven major ones that we tend to concentrate most on. They are like a ladder for our life. The bottom rung is our root, where we start on the ground and we climb to the heavens at our crown chakra.
The chakras are our energy centers, spinning wheels or spheres often likened to a ceiling fan which spin clockwise, that push healing, vital energy to the physical, emotional and spiritual areas they govern.
Maintaining high vibrational, vital energy within our body is so important to becoming healthy and maintaining our health yet it is often overlooked. We tend to concentrate on healing our physical bodies. By working with your energy system you will add another layer to your healing path and it is complementary to working with the healthcare system.
On a Physical level, each chakra oversees the health of specific areas of your body as well as how you interact with your surroundings and other peoples energies.
On a Spiritual/Emotional Level the chakras aid in your life growth and how you handle the world around you.
Balanced chakras have a good flow of energy through them. When the energy becomes blocked, or slow, it becomes unbalanced or out of alignment. That is when dis-ease sets into the body or mind. Keeping your chakras balanced can help keep dis-ease from settling in. It helps you stay strong to yourself and handle everyday stressors and setbacks with greater ease, allowing you to live a happier, healthier life.
Most energy healing modalities focus on the chakras. As a Reiki Practitioner, I can tell you the hand positions taught are in line with the chakras. The Chakras are the area of the highest concentration of energy within the body which makes them the easiest to share with the outside world. Everyday life occurrences, good or bad, will affect our chakras. They are always changing. Our chakras need to stay spinning, open and balanced for us to have a happy, healthy life. Some things that can affect our chakras are stress, illness, emotions, thoughts.
So let us take a look at each one of them
- Its located a few inches above the head
- It is the fastest spinning and the highest vibration of all the chakras
- Associated color is vivid purple or violet
- Governs spirituality. Connection to the universe, imagination, awareness, optimism, ability to receive thoughts, information, and ideas from
- Crystals – Amethyst, charoite, sugilite, labradorite, rutilated quartz, selenite
- If your Crown Chakra is out of balance, blocked or moving slowly it may result in depression, a feeling of disconnect, pessimism and lethargy. You may have nervous system disorders, skin conditions, dementia
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Frankincense, Sandalwood, Melissa, Wintergreen
BROW OR THIRD EYE (6th)
- This is the energy system that governs the minds, ideas, thoughts, dreams, psychic abilities.
- It is where creativity and inspiration are combined.
- When healthy and balanced, helps to remove negative and selfish attitudes
- The Third Eye Chakra is the eye of your true or higher self
- The color is a deep indigo blue. If you can see your chakras, often you will see an eye in the center
- It is affected by thoughts of the future or the past. Not living in the present
- Can be affected by a desire to see or the fear of seeing angels, guides, and apparitions
- Crystals – Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, Sapphire, Moldavite, Pietersite
- Out of balance – Headaches and migraines, Mental Illness, Personality disorders, Sinusitis, Eye conditions, Learning disabilities, Feelings of negativity, lack of ambition. Essentially you are disconnected from yourself.
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Sandalwood, Helichrysum, Lemongrass, Rosemary
- Center for communication and expression. It is through this chakra that we communicate, either through verbal, body language or telepathy.
- This governs your ability to be a leader. A clear throat chakra allows you to speak your truth.
- You are able to ask for your needs to be met
- It allows us to tell the world how we feel and to express ourselves.
- When out of balance there will be fears of speaking out, speaking in public or sharing your thoughts. This will weaken and shrink your chakra as well as cause stress
- Over talking and obsessing in speech is usually due to an overstimulated chakra
- The color is light blue
- Crystals – Blue lace agate, apatite, Turquoise, kyanite, azurite
- Aromatherapy Essential oils – Lavender, Frankincense, Cilantro, Eucalyptus
- Physical manifestations of an unbalanced throat chakra can be skin rashes, heart attack, weak or bad back, digestive issues like Crohns or IBS, Fear of speaking your mind, lack of concentration, Attention deficit, Feelings of unease, nervousness, and anxiety
- This is the center of love and compassion. It is your connection to you and everyone around you.
- It aids in feeling safe, trusting, sense of adventure, forgiveness.
- It Governs your commitments to relationships and attachments to other people
- Fear of giving or being loved will shrink this chakra
- Relationship addictions or obsessions is indicative of an overstimulated heart chakra
- This is the center, the bridge between the lower, earthly chakras and the higher spiritual chakras
- The color is green
- Crystals are Malachite, aventurine, Rose quartz, Amazonite, Emerald, Jade
- Unbalanced- Emotionally confused, Unloving, uncaring, dispassionate, Narrow-minded, It may cause heart disease. Governs the Lungs so respiratory conditions may come up, repeated colds, cant get over colds, flu. Early physical signs of aging
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Rose, Geranium, Thyme, Lemon
SOLAR PLEXUS (3rd)
- This is the center of your personal power and regulates your ambition, desire, and emotions.
- A weak Solar Plexus chakra can result in control issues, authority issues, fears of being out of control or losing control, past or future issues that are out of your control
- An overstimulated chakra is someone who is very controlling or obsessed with being in control
- The color of this chakra is yellow
- My favorite stone to use is citrine- and just like citrine, it is a master cleanser. Some say Citrine helps cleanse other crystals, the solar plexus chakra helps regulate and cleanse other chakras of negativity. Most likely because when you are in touch with your personal power you are more in tune to everything that is happening around you, more able to feel what is happening and to react appropriately in your best and highest good. It is like your own personal internal pendulum
- Unbalanced – Lack of concentration, Failing memory, Falling asleep during the day, Insomnia, Digestive disorders, Eating disorders
- Crystals – Citrine, Amber, Tigers eye, Ametrine
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Neroli, Cedarwood, Ginger, Lime
SACRAL CHAKRA (2nd)
- Center of creativity, desire, sexual emotion, and sexuality. Governs fertility
- The color is Orange
- Crystals – Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Copper, Moonstone,
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Ylang Ylang, Juniper, Wild Orange
- When out of balance it can manifest chronic back pain, Sciatica, Female issues, intestinal issues, kidney and urinary tract infections, gallbladder disorders, impotence, lack of confidence, unbalanced emotions
- It can also manifest as cravings for physical pleasures (food, drink, sex, thrills), addictions, as well as body and appearance obsessions.
BASE or ROOT- (1st) In some books this is referred to as a root chakra but the root chakra is located under your feet
- This is the chakra of survival, as well as governing our connection to family and friends. It governs our career, financial stability, your homes, your physical needs and your possessions
- Some say this is where the resting Kundalini exists.
- This is where we experience our connection to the earth and our earthly life.
- When your Base chakra is balanced you are grounded and stable and able to move forward in life.
- An understimulated chakra will result in feelings of inadequacy, lack, and limitations
- An overstimulated chakra expresses itself in being a workaholic and overachiever. •
- Color is red
- Crystals – Red Jasper, Black Obsidian, Smokey Quartz, Red Calcite, Ruby, Garnet
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils – Patchouli, Vetiver, Myrrh, Grounding Blend
- When out of balance you can experience chronic back pain, Sciatica, Varicose veins, Water retention, Constipation or diarrhea, Immune disorders, Feelings of insecurity and phobias, panic attacks.
Essential Oil Blend for Chakra Balancing
I made my own blend of Essential Oils that I use whenever I feel the need to balance my chakras. My Essential Oils of choice is DoTERRA. I love the purity of these oils.
10 ml Roller Ball
3 drops Patchouli
2 drops Ylang Ylang
2 drops Cedarwood
2 drops Lemon
8 drops Frankincense
2 drops Sandalwood
1 drop Melissa
Fractionated Coconut Oil
This blend has an earthy scent to it with a bit of Lemon. Try making your own blend and let us know what you made so we can try it too!
Learn More about these amazing oils. Don’t pay retail. Talk to me about the no obligation wholesale account and get 25% off all products.
Please do not use any of the information provided on this website in lieu of professional medical help or against the wishes of your doctor. Reiki, Essential Oils and Crystals are all supportive of your health and can be used, with your doctors knowledge, as a compliment
© 2022 All Rights Reserved. Dani Montoya ~ Unauthorized use and duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dani Montoya and Yellow Cottage Studios and Twisted by Dani with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Dani Montoya /Yellow Cottage Studios / Twisted by Dani is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yellow Cottage Studios/Twisted by Dani
9306 Southshore Dr
Hackett AR 72937