Many many years ago I was at an outside vendor farmers market. There was a guy there selling crystals. At that time of my life, I loved crystals but know absolutely nothing about them. I was just starting to learn. They were just pretty and I was drawn to them.
In the middle of his display was a really pretty yellow stone. I remember it was a rather gloomy day outside, maybe even a bit too cool for me. Ben and I were spending the week in our motorhome having a little “chill out” time. I may have been a little depressed.
So I bought this pretty yellow polished stone the guy called a “citrine”. It the bottom crystal in the photo.
Since it was such a gloomy day and because I was a little on the depressed side I decided to try my hand at “Charging and programming” this stone, something I had never done before. So I did. I programmed it to be my “sunshine” stone, to always bring warmth and happiness into my life whenever I needed it.
This stone stayed with me for years, usually in a pocket, sometimes in a little leather bag.
Then one day it was gone.
Since my initial purchase, I had done a bit more reading on crystals and healing and knew that when a stone disappears it is because someone else needed it more. That did not make me particularly happy because I needed it and I missed it. I turned my house upside down, I checked cracks and crevices in the motorhome. I searched all my pockets in all my clothing.
The crystal was gone.
Years later as I was packing all my things to move from California to Oklahoma that crystal showed back up. I found it laying on my bed. It had come home because it knew I needed it once more.
Citrine is still my most favorite stone of all times.
Just recently my Brother in law came across a Citrine point pendant, poorly wrapped in copper that was going to be thrown away. He grabbed it for me, knowing I would know what to do with it and love it. I removed the old wrapping and re-wrapped it in silver. Lately, I have been drawn to wear it.
So a little about Citrine…
- Citrine is yellow in color making it perfect to work with the Solar Plexus Chakra, which is the chakra of your personal power and energy.
- It is a stone of imagination and creativity. It carries the energy of good luck.
- Citrine harnesses the warmth and power of the sun.
- Natural Citrine is self-cleansing, Natural Citrine is rare and quite expensive so the pieces you pick up for a dollar or two are probably not natural citrine but heat treated Amethyst. There is nothing wrong with these pieces, they are wonderful. I read in one scientific article that sometimes Amethyst changes to Citrine naturally, I guess if it is hot enough!
- Citrine is also called the “merchants stone” and is often placed within a cash bag or cash register for abundance. It attracts success. In the top photo, the citrine cluster is one I leave in my gallery/store. I also keep a small point in my cash bag.
- Citrine is a great stone to have around during family arguments because it repels and clears negative energy and helps bring about peaceful, loving resolution.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved. Dani Montoya ~ Unauthorized use and duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dani Montoya and Yellow Cottage Studios and Essential Living with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Dani Montoya /Yellow Cottage Studios / Essential Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yellow Cottage Studios/Essential Living
1211 N. Broadway
Poteau OK 74953